Let me give you an example.
- Chicken liver with fresh ginger and coriander
- Basmati yoghurt rice with toasted black cumin and onion seeds together with my prawn favourite curry
- Vegetables in a a spicy black bean sauce.
- Haddock pan fried in a delicate garamasla and tamarind paste
- Roasted green garlic papadoms
- Carrot cucumber and tomatoes wedges dressed with my special spiced olive oil
- Followed by virgin sugar cane chunks
I do try not to waste food. I like to finish my plate, I take modest portions from the serving dishes rather than than the whole meal all in one go..
Spend a little time serving yourself so as to encourage eating with pace and pleasure. Judge how much you actually need. Then any leftover will be fresh and clean. Not something that has been pushed around someone's plate or even you own.